X-Rays allow us to visualize internal organs including the heart, lungs, and the musculoskeletal system, in both routine and emergency situations.
The benefit of Digital X-Rays over traditional X-Rays include:
- Fast acquisition of images – A Digital X-Ray takes only a matter of seconds without using film and with fewer retakes of images
- Improved patient care through better image quality
- It requires less radiation per exposure to produce a higher quality x-ray
- It allows for Remote Diagnosis via the internet – Images can be sent by internet when the opinion of a specialist is in the best interest of your pet
- The images are easily stored for future reference
- Digital X-Rays allow us to view the film as a two dimensional image